omg, lol, lmao
roffl, rofflcopter,
all the wayo,
c u 2moz,
dw, i'l c u,
we've lost our written,
will we stop speaking 2?
hoo's 2 blame?
itz all the peepl,
wat can we do,
language is now feeble,
nvm, IM is 2 blame,
but hoo invented it?
wat is ther name?
our language has come to a meaningless mess,
while the words like & much
take control i confess,
tho i say them as much as the next,
i see the problem is IM's and texts,
weve ruined our language and wat hav we left?
no thou, shalt or thee,
but like, dunno, do u get me?
- Eva Matthews Staindl
This poem I wrote shows how language these days is becoming a shorthand version of what it used to be. We use language that doesn't even make sense and it is all a shorthand version of something else. We have no order in it, and many words have been lost.
My p has many rhyming parts to it, but some parts are just free verse. I have tried to emphasize how the language is affecting us by using it throughout the poem. This is standard MSN language, and it is how the language is used, or even abused. This was really just to throw in a point of perspective, and it shows how the language affects everyone.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Eva,
i can lik talk lik dis 2 u kno? But I’ll probably get owned by Mrs. De Petro so I won't. I like your poem very errr...modern. I like how you’re having an argument with yourself in shorthand, but you never say who’s to blame
Nice work
By the way George=Vinh
Hi Eva,
I like how your poem proves a point about the english language today. I like how you suggest what may happen in the future and use rhetorical questions.
Its a great poem for 'generation y'.
Because Nathan made mine and made me George and him as Henry... (we're scared of internet pedos)
EVA!!!!!!!!!!
this is the best poem
you've written! ever!
it's got deep meanings..
right??
jasmine(:
Post a Comment